Thursday, November 24, 2011

Trust in Jesus

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me" These words start John 14. I've certainly read them many times before. The thing is, and I'm no Greek expert here, several almost failed attempts and a changed seminary degree prove that, at a quick read the verse seems all about simply putting our faith in Jesus. But think about it. The act of trusting takes effort. It is a decision we must make over and over. It doesn't just happen, and it won't just happen if we think, ase yeah, I should trust in Jesus, that sound like a nice thing to do.

I'm learning that this trusting thing is a continual process, it might be daily, it might be hourly, it might be every few minutes, or even seconds. It is a choice, it is a conscious effort. Place my trust in Jesus. Worry happens, things to worry about are all over the place. Don't let your hearts be troubled, instead place our trust, in the only one who can really ultimately take our worry away.

And with that, I realize what I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving, and I owe this thought to my "friend" Glenn. I am certainly thankful for my treasure Jo and our amazing daughter Shelby and our incredible son Wes. But most of all, I am thankful for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment